Landfills continuously generate landfill gas, a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide through a natural decay process. The gas generated at Bethlehem Landfill is collected and controlled. With the addition of the Renewable Natural Gas facility, it will tie into the existing landfill gas system, process and treat the gas to a pipeline quality standard for injection of the natural gas (methane) into pipelines for use by the local community. In addition:
- The RNG Facility will decrease the need for import of natural gas.
- It may reduce the need for additional pipelines for service to the community in the future.
- The RNG Facility will reduce CO2 equivalent emission in the local community.
- Aria Energy estimates the RNG Facility will supply enough natural gas to the local community for approximately 6,250 homes per year. If vehicle fueling is developed in the community, Aria Energy estimates it would provide about 12,000 cars per year with fuel.
- Aria energy estimates there will be a Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reduction equivalent of the carbon sequestered by over 38,250 acres of U.S. forests in one year
Bethlehem Landfill is part of Waste Connections, an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in the United States and Canada.
With our new WasteConnect ™ Mobile App you can:
Sign-up for waste collection Reminders
Receive Service Alerts for collection delays
Search how to properly dispose of materials
DOWNLOAD THE NEW